Dance Teacher's Insurance

Professional Indemnity & Public/Products Liability Insurance for Teachers & Studios

Annual cover starting from $292.98

Instantly generate your Quote and Purchase online within minutes.

Dance Insurance for Teachers

At AUZi, we’ve developed a comprehensive package for Dance Teachers and Dance Studios that includes both Professional Indemnity and Public/Products Liability Insurance. There are numerous regulations that you must follow as a Dance Studio in Australia; and subsequently, countless risks that your business is exposed to as you conduct classes throughout the year and stage end-of-year performances. As a result, dance insurance is crucial for safeguarding you and your students against the unforeseeable.

Do I Need Insurance as a Dance Teacher?

Yes, yes and yes – you need dance insurance. We get it. As a dance teacher, you love to choreograph, dance and work with your students. Sometimes the business side of things can be a bit confusing to the creatives, not to mention boring! However confusing it might be, there are some essentials that shouldn’t be neglected, including dance insurance. If you run a dance studio or teach at a studio, you will need insurance.

Professional Indemnity Insurance (or PI) is designed specifically for professionals like you who provide advice, a service, or coaching for a living. To protect yourself from lawsuits that may be filed by students as a result of something you do as a Dance Teacher, you must consider taking out Professional Indemnity Insurance. 

Cover For
dance instructor helping a student keep posture through a leg stretching exercise before dancing

What Does Dance Insurance Cover?

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance is designed to protect you and your business based on any advice, services or coaching you have given.

Public Liability Insurance is designed to protect you and your business activities against Personal Injury or Property Damage arising from your business activities.

Products Liability Insurance

Products Liability is designed to protect you against personal injury and property damage arising from the products you have sold.

Why do Dance teachers and studios need Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Professional Indemnity cover is there to protect you against claims or incidents where a third party (ever heard of a Crazy Dance Mum?) alleges they have suffered a financial loss. This is as a result of your – or your alleged – negligence or a breach of Professional duty.

Here’s Some Examples;
You’re teaching a class of young, up and coming dancers. At a dance recital, some of the students don’t achieve the results they (or their parents) were expecting. It’s human nature to pass the blame, and you may find yourself being the one in the firing line. Some parents allege that your teaching fell short of a perfect 10. Because of this, you find yourself responsible for class fees, travel, accommodation, costumes, entrance fees, and the cost of a new teacher. All this on top of the legal fees while you defend your reputation.

In another instance, while warming the class up and running through the same old standard stretches, your student could pull a muscle. After that, they can accuse you of not correcting or teaching the right technique. This is where your Professional Indemnity Dance Insurance has your back.

Why do Dance Instructors need Public / Products Liability Insurance?

Public Liability Insurance is designed to protect you against Personal Injury or Property Damage that arise from your activities as a dance teacher. Product Liability can do the same if you are selling products or supplying goodies (water, snacks) to your Dancers.

Here’s Some Examples;
If a crazy dance Mum strikes again but this time, trips over the extension cord running your music (nobody should even be back there of course – but hey, she was), and as a result, she can’t go to work. Now she’s holding you accountable for the twisted ankle – cue the medical and legal bills. This is where your Public Liability Insurance will help cover the costs.

Moreover, your Public Liability Dance Insurance will also come in handy when you’re hiring a dance studio to teach in, or a hall for your end of year concert. Your landlord will require a Certificate of Currency before handing over those precious studio/hall keys. At AUZi, your Certificate of Currency is generated instantly after payment is received, and sent to your MyAUZi Account.

Policy Pricing

Annual Cover

From $292.98

Annual Cover

From $330

As a Dance Teacher, you will obviously be providing tuition and advice to your students. Therefore, if they incur a physical injury whilst performing a task under your supervision, then there is a chance that your student will sue you. In this case, your dance instructor insurance will help you cover the costs associated with a claim of up to $5,000,000. Moreover, having dance instructor’s insurance in place is an important sign to your customers. It shows you’re a professional that takes your advice, coaching and risk seriously.

However, it goes without saying that your dance instructor insurance policy will not cover you if you intentionally do something wrong. We live in a culture where financial compensation is commonplace. Therefore, it is important to safeguard your business against those inevitable risks associated with your profession. Without insurance, it only takes one successful legal suit to potentially put you out of business – and without knowing exactly what you’re covered for, you could be setting yourself up for that. Ignorance, is not bliss.

Why Choose AUZi?

Happy Customers
Years in Insurance
Positive Reviews

Supported Dance Styles

Dance Teachers Insurance Icon Depicting Two Women Dancing in front of a heart

Newest Supported Dance Style

All activities are subject to no use of equipment such as dumbbells, weights or any other fitness related equipment

We're always adding new Dance Styles to our Supported list.
Don't see yours on the list?
Reach out to us and see where it fits.

Excluded Dance Styles

Your Dedicated Contacts

AUZi Insurance Principle Broker Nicole Eldridge
AUZi Insurance Assistant Broker Tracy O'Brien

Got a question? Call our Specialist Brokers today on 1300 939 698. Alternatively, you can email them at Either Nicole or Tracy will get back to you ASAP.

Not quite what you're looking for?

Enter your craft below and search from our database of 300+ Occupations.

Got a Question?

Have a read of some of our Frequently Asked Questions for Dance Instructors below;

Yes, As long as there are teachers and staff present while the classes are being conducted.

We do not have any requirements in place for the number of students in the class at any one time. We leave this up to the discretion of the Insured to determine and provide a safe dance environment.

Yes, subject to;

– All new students completing an online pre-assessment and a waiver prior to their first class

(Existing students are not required to complete a secondary waiver)

Are you Solely a Zumba Instructor?

Proudly Partnered With:

On the Blog

Implications of Cancelling your Product Liability or Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy

Product Liability is an occurrence-based wording. In other words, the insurance needs to be in place at the time the incident/injury/damage occurred for there to be a valid claim.

However, Professional Indemnity Insurance is a Claims Made wording. This means an insurance policy needs to be in place at the time you provide the service. Also, at the time of the claim and/or incident in order for your interest to be protected.

Therefore, if you cancel your insurance today, and an incident is notified and/or occurs tomorrow for a product or service you provided last week, you will not be covered. Read more on this here.

Need to Contact us outside of Office Hours (8:30am - 4:30pm)?
Drop your Details down below and we'll get back to you asap